Wednesday, September 10, 2008

9-10-8 last of Botox Shots

9-10-08 final Set of Botox injections for 9-08
I had what I believe will be my last set of Botox injections for the next 3 months. Dr. Max Root injected my tip toe muscles in the calf of my left leg using the last of the six vials that Altius had approved. There were 4 quick injections and all is done.

I spoke to Stapely Pharmacy to check on the cost and payment for the Botox. They said my insurance had not yet approved it. I was worried since the bill for the six vials is $3,720/ $620.00 per vile. In checking further Botox injections of this kind are considered a medical not a pharmaceutical benefit. In this case my Insurance pays for it as part the bill Dr. Root sends them. So I have no separate bill for the Botox!!!! yea!!!

-Now a catch up. For 9-9-08 I had an appointment with Dr. Rignell today. We discussed the pain in my left hip from last Sept.’s fall in the hall. He thought it may be do to damage to the bursa (lining surrounding those bones) and gave me a few Dr.s to contact to get help with that. For bone health I got a Rx for Evista, for feminine dryness, a Rx for Premerine. My C.T. scan showed evidence problems on my cervix showing a need to see Dr. Rogers, gynecologist. Dr.Rignell agreed to manage my Rx of Cymbalta after I see Dr. Manley in a week or so.

No comments: